Initial consultations may last 1 hour 30 mins and include:
A discussion of your symptoms A physical/ visual examination (with your consent) Pulse and Tongue examination, if relevant Acupuncture Diagnosis Creating a treatment plan A treatment (20 - 30 minutes)
Follow-up Treatment last 45 minutes to 1 hour and may include:
Acupuncture Shiatsu Massage Moxabustion or Heat lamp treatment Cuppping Gua Sha (a strong releasing massage technique) Qigong or Tai Chi exercises
Number of treatments needed Review dates Realistic outcomes Advice to support treatment Before treatment can take place each patient is asked to give signed consent and are informed that they can bring a friend or relative with them to treatment to give them some support if they wish.
Concerned about having Acupuncture?
My treatments usually include body acupuncture but alternatives could be gentle ear acupuncture or acupressure instead. Also a non-insertion acupuncture is possible for some problems and for children.
Note that if you wish to bring your child for acupuncture their doctor must be informed of the reason for seeking acupuncture - this is a legal requirement of the parents- and consent is needed from the child.
- Initial consultation: case history taking, diagnosis and first treatment allow 90 minutes : £50-60
- Follow-up Acupuncture or Shiatsu Treatments allow 45 minutes: £40-50
- Combined Acupuncture with other approaches such as Shiatsu or Gua Sha allow 60 minutes : £50-55
- Pre-paid set of six treatments: £210 or £270 (depending on location for treatment)
- If more than one treatment per week is needed a special low rate for the repeat treatment is applied. Note this is only for Acupuncture Treatments - £15-25
If you are claiming the treatments against insurance policies please contact your insurance company first. They will need a receipt from me to make a claim so please ask for one during your treatment. Note I do not take debit card or credit card payments at this time. Cheque or cash only.